Friday 22 July 2016

Summer Reading List


I'm counting down the days until our holiday to Sardinia (only 26 sleeps left!), and no plane journey and holiday by the beach is complete without a good selection of holiday reading. I'm doing a 2016 book challenge - 50 books in a year - and I'm doing pretty well, so 7 days in the sun will certainly help towards that.

I already have most of these either on my Kindle or hard copies, so don't really have to worry about spending a lot on books the way I normally do in the last few days before catching a plane/in the airport shops.

The Muse by Jessie Burton. I loved The Miniaturist, so I'm super excited to get stuck into this new offering from Burton. 
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. I've actually been carrying this around with my in my bag/car but haven't got past chapter 1. Note to self: MUST READ.
All Involved by Ryan Gattis. Not my usual style of novel, but this has got great reviews and shot to the top of my list. 
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert. Some of you might dislike Gilbert, personally I really enjoy her books and the new one is sure to be an enjoyable and inspiring read from my beach blanket. 
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll. This is in the Waterstones July Books of the Month and looks like another gripping debut thriller - right up my alley.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany. This comes out just in time! Most of you know I'm a huge Potterhead so I CANNOT WAIT for this!

What are you reading this summer? Is there anything you think I should add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment