Thursday 14 January 2016

Boho Wedding Inspiration


Before James and I got engaged, I had 101 ideas of what I wanted for our wedding. I had Pinterest boards and all sorts. (Don't worry, he knows and thinks it's hilarious that I was thinking about it way before he popped the question.)

But now that it comes down to making actual decisions, it turns out that I really don't have a clue where to start! Finding a band we like seems an impossible task; how do we choose which invitations we want when I'll be sending Save the Dates months before the actual invitations and might change my mind a hundred times; WHERE do we find the perfect cake that doesn't cost the earth but looks like it does; don't even ask me about dresses. My list of what I don't want is currently longer than what I do want. Is this a normal problem for a bride-to-be, or are you all more decisive than I am??

James and I are a fairly relaxed couple, and haven't been to look at a single venue yet, let alone fixing a date, choosing a colour scheme or going cake-tasting - that, in particular, I'm looking forward to. We like relaxing by the fire, long walks with the dog, good food and even better wine, and a minimal amount of stress or fuss. And we want our special day to not only reflect that but incorporate elements of our daily lives to make it even more 'us'.

Something rustic, something with a bohemian twist, would suit us down to the ground. Lots of candles, flowers everywhere, most things made or designed by hand... That sounds pretty divine. We've found a tipi company who supply their tents with wooden benches, faux-animal skin rugs, fire pits and plenty of space for little trinkets and details, so watch this space to find out how our meeting with them went!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for Boho wedding inspirations! Truly impressed with all these ideas. My sister had a creative bohemian wedding at local wedding venues Los Angeles. Her wedding decorations were eye pleasing and everyone love them a lot!

    ReplyDelete