Tuesday 19 January 2016

Brownie Mix Overnight Oats


I'm not a breakfast person. (Or a morning person, but you can see some tips here for how to make mornings much more productive and enjoyable.) But one thing guaranteed to get me out of bed is a good breakfast, and if I don't have to do any prep then that's even better!

Prep for this is all done the night before, so when I'm putting together my lunch for the next day I can also make breakfast at the same time. I can't quite remember where I found the recipe for this - Pinterest I'm sure - but I adapted it slightly anyway.

1 cup oats
1 cup almond milk (or similar, whatever you prefer)
0.5 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tblsp cocoa powder (or more/less to taste)
Cacao nibs to decorate

Then all you do is mix it together in a bowl, and put it into a jar and refrigerate! This makes enough for 2, so split it into separate containers unless you're known for your raging appetite first thing in the morning. Ideally you want to keep it in the fridge overnight, but 1-2 hours should do it if you can't wait for morning.

2 comments:

  1. So I've never yet ventured into the world of overnight oats, but this recipe seems so yummy that it would probably convince me! I like the thought of one less meal to prepare in a day! For something so yummy it seems relatively healthy! I've avoided breakfast for so long and need to start eating it again, so maybe this is the start for me!?!!
    Lisa.x.
    ObsessedMummy.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me less than 5 minutes to prepare, and it's so delicious! Lx

      Delete