Tuesday 4 October 2016

Sharing a Secret: #Blogtober Day 4


This is a tricky one since any deep, dark personal secrets (which I don't think I have any of??) aren't likely to be things I'll post about on my blog for the world wide web to read, but anything smaller (like, I hate ketchup) is super boring. 

So here's a not-very-well-kept secret that I don't really talk about because reasons. 

I had ME/CFS as a teenager, and it affected me up into my early 20s and I still suffer some of the after-effects now. It affected my energy levels, my concentration, caused depression/IBS/muscle aches/hot and cold flashes and the two I still struggle with most: migraines and anxiety. I don't like to talk about it much, and am probably still in a bit of denial, because I feel like it wasn't as hard for me as it was for others, so I shouldn't complain. And I have a high level of guilt over it as well, because it caused my parents to worry a lot.

Ridiculous, no? I spend so much of my time telling other people their feelings are valid, but don't listen to my own advice. Do as I say, not as I do...

So that's it. Short post, and I'm likely to write more about this as time goes by, but right now at least it's up on the blog and you know! 

1 comment:

  1. Sending love and hugs.
    What a brave and honest post to share...

    ReplyDelete