Friday 22 July 2016

Foodie Finds: Gluten-Free Flapjack Recipe


I love baking, but rarely seem to get the chance these days between work, working on the house, working out and, erm, Pokemon GO...

Anyway, this flapjack was so quick and easy to whip up that any excuses I may have had went straight out the window. I wanted a recipe which was gluten free, no dairy, but bonded together nicely and had the perfect texture for flapjack. If you fancy giving it a go yourself, here's what you'll need:

200g gluten-free oats
75g dried cranberries
75g sultana/raisin mix
50g crushed almonds
Handful of mixed nuts/pumpkin seeds
Coconut oil
Raw honey

I always find it quite difficult to measure out how much coconut oil/honey I'll need, so it's a bit of a trial-and-error experience until you find the perfect amount. 

Mix well in a metal mixing bowl, and spoon into a baking tray lined with parchment, and into the oven at 150 for about 45 minutes. 

Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment