Tuesday 12 January 2016

Reading List 2016

I always make long, elaborate reading lists at the start of every year and seem to add so many books to them every week that, in the end, they resemble something insurmountable. This year is going the same way, I can tell...

This year's theme is: Try Something New...
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Mass
I'm already halfway through this, and I struggle to put it down. The characters are wonderfully written and developed, and I really warm to the protagonist, Celeana, who is feisty and strong-willed. I think this is a series I'm going to enjoy a lot.

2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
To be honest, the summary of this story (and the series in general) doesn't excite me. But I've heard so many glowing reviews from book bloggers on Instagram that it's time I gave it a shot.

3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I haven't read any of the Grisha Trilogy - perhaps I should? But this one intrigued me much more, so it's third on my list and sitting ready on the shelf next to my bed.



4. Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Magical cover, magical storyline, and the blurb on the back is so brief that I couldn't help but want to know what happens inside the pages.


5. I Am Malala, Malala Yousafzai
It's about time I picked up a copy of this, and I'm a bit ashamed I haven't done so already.

6. A Song of Ice and Fire
I need to finish this damn series. I've dabbled in it so many times, so my 2016 goal is to read every one of them cover-to-cover (and not just the parts about my favourite characters...).

7. The 'I Heart...' series by Lindsey Kelk
Again, a series I've had my eye on for a while but instead of starting any of her books I tend to just re-read an old Sophie Kinsella novel. I'm about halfway through A Girl's Best Friend and (as there are wedding themes aplenty) I 'heart' it.

8. The Martian
Started the audiobook, got bored halfway through. Although I think the narrator may have something to do with that. Time to pick up a copy and read it my own way.

In other book-related goals: I have a handful of planners I've bought, gazed at in delight, then put on my shelf never to be used again. I've dusted off my One Line a Day journal, Happiness journal, Health Journal, and a few tips for writers books and have determined that I'm going to fill them in as often as I can. Reading back on the few entries I've made last year was wonderful, and I want to have more to read when 2017 comes.



No comments:

Post a Comment